The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting and Interim Group Financial Controller for a Private Equity backed global technology business based in Central London. As Group Financial Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing the entire finance function with a specific remit on improving and implementing new systems of control and governance to ensure that the finance function evolves to meet the new challenges it faces as the business grows.
- Overseeing the delivery of monthly management accounts, working with the finance team to ensure that the management accounts and commentary are produced in a timely and consistent fashion and in line with external reporting deadlines.
- Overseeing the year-end audit to its successful group and entity wide sign-off, working closely with the Senior Financial Accountant and where necessary supporting the production of consolidated accounts under FRS102 and liaising with the relevant global audit teams to support the effective conclusion of the annual statutory audit.
- Evaluating and developing revenue recognition policy. As the reporting group operates under FRS102 the appropriate treatment from a revenue perspective must be evaluated.
- Group tax compliance oversight, managing the Senior Financial Accountant to ensure that in all regions all areas of local tax compliance are met.
- Maintenance and calculation of commission plans, a key internal facing role dealing with senior sales executives and the sales director ensuring commissions are calculated accurately, disputes escalated, communicated and managed appropriately. Periodical review and amendment of the commission plans themselves working with the Senior Analyst, Head of Finance and Sales Director.
- ACA / ACCA Qualified or equivalent
- Experience in Private Equity backed businesses
- Experience in a leadership role, including line management, hiring, definition of role, appraisals, management of regretted attrition, and disciplinary responsibilities.