The Consultancy Group is currently recruiting a Group Risk and Controls Manager for a fast-growth US Listed Technology business based in Central London.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this very hands-on role will own the finance controls and IT general controls of the group and support the group financial controller in developing appropriate processes to drive active risk management within Finance and the wider group as it impacts financial reporting.
The Group Risk and Controls Manager will play an important part in rolling out best-in-class group finance controls, enabling the company's corporate transformation and strengthening relationships between Finance and the rest of the organisation.
- Perform an internal control gap assessment of key business processes and related IT tools/applications and provide recommendation for remediation
- Work with the finance team to write internal control process documentation for key business processes
- Develop and own the group finance risk and controls matrix including IT general controls, and work with the wider finance team to embed and enhance the controls and efficiency of group controls around financial reporting
- Be the implementation lead of the developed risk and control matrix and perform control design assessment, test of the operation of internal controls, remediate any gaps and coordinate appropriate reporting to management on the effectiveness of the control operations with the support of additional resources as needed
- Work with the wider finance team to enhance risk management awareness and drive strong controls culture
The successful candidate will have the following;
- Qualified accountant ACA/ACCA and 3+ years post qualification experience
- Proven experience of implementing Sarbanes Oxley and deep knowledge of all aspects of Sarbanes Oxley and COSO 2013 framework gained from either a large accounting firm or US listed companies
- Proven experience of driving a SOX programme within a medium to large size listed organisation from initial scoping to final management attestation