To review, control and manage the preparation of the Group statutory accounts including, but not limited to, ownership of the Group impairment process, Group Record to Report Sox controls. The role will also support the preparation of the UK statutory accounts and drive an increase in Procure to Pay process compliance.
The role will drive process improvements and drive to increase involve management responsibilities and will require liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
- Own the impairment review for Group Reporting in relation to goodwill and trademark valuation in line with IAS 36 - including but not limited to high level review of all goodwill balances with detailed review of US, Canada and all other entities that are deemed to be high risk of impairment.
- Manage and deliver the Group Record to Report Sox controls as they fall due.
- Identify and drive initiatives to realise process efficiency, including through automation, based on best practice and in line with group standardisation.
- Support the line manager in driving the multi-functional process to prepare and deliver the Annual Report and Accounts.
- Act as key review point for the UK companies statutory accounts preparation.
- Provide support on Technical accounting matters an drive an improvement culture across the Group.
- Drive improvements with respect to process and governance adherence in the UK - including GR/IR and Procure to Pay.
- Act as escalation point for employees with regards to Procure to Pay.
- Degree educated with professional accountancy qualification (CA / CPA or equivalent).
- Minimum 6 years post qualification
- Demonstrated technical IFRS proficiency
- Significant and demonstrated experience of in-house statutory accounting.
- Experience in Sarbanes Oxley (Sox) - through audit or preparation
- Demonstrated experience in a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment.
- Developed people management skills with ability to develop relationships across functions, cultures and geographies;
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff within the company and external parties.