An instantly recognisable global consumer group are looking to hire a UK Tax Manager to join their in-house finance team. This role has been created to increase local tax expertise to optimize tax compliance, reduce reliance on external tax advisors and to provide appropriate business support. The role holder will be a UK tax expert who manages the UK Income Tax team and partners with Global Tax and Business Units on all income tax matters. The role holder is responsible for Income Tax advice, compliance and reporting for the UK businesses and for identifying, evaluating and implementing UK tax planning opportunities and for optimizing the tax reporting processes.
- Internal and external Corporation Tax returns and reporting.
- Related income tax compliance and reporting, e.g. Diverted Profit Tax, Transfer Pricing, International Movement of Capital, Controlled Foreign Corporation, etc.
- Integrating new business acquisitions into the UK tax centre.
- Identify business and tax risks to ensure tax compliance.
- Identify and implement local tax planning opportunities ensuring that appropriate tax reliefs are obtained to reduce taxes paid (with alignment and approval from Global Tax) while maintaining consistency with global tax principles, policies and strategies and published UK Tax Strategy.
- Group tax planning - Executes UK aspects of group tax planning projects and initiatives.
- Funding/repatriation - collaborates effectively with local and Global treasury to provide tax advice of proposed funding and repatriation of funds from legal entities.
- Develop/Maintains relationship with external tax advisors and business units optimizing the efficiency of income tax compliance.
For further information on the role, please contact Phil Smyth directly on 0203 371 0168 .