A FTSE listed Plc based in Central London are hiring a Group Tax Manager to join their Finance team, reporting to the Group Financial Controller.
- Corporation Tax compliance matters, tax planning and risk management across UK and US trading entities
- Key relationship holder between the business and HMRC
- Completion of all Half Year and Full Year tax disclosures
- SAO and CCO compliance procedures, including implementing CCO across the business
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Effective liaison with local and overseas tax advisers
- Monitor and control advisers' fees
- This role covers all taxes (Corporation Tax, VAT and Employment taxes primarily).
- Capital Allowances historic review
- Preparing for VAT MTD
The role would be responsible for identifying, and completing other ad-hoc tax projects as needed. In addition, as the business enters new areas and business segments the Tax Manager will be crucial in advising on compliance and planning opportunities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified Accountant, preferably ACA and/or CTA
- Strong tax technical skills
- Strong project management skills and well organised
- Demonstrates excellent commercial awareness and ability to build good working relationships with both internal and external parties, including Board and Executive Members, Tax Authorities and advisors.
- Good communication skills
For Further information, please reach out to Phil Smyth at The Consultancy Group.