A PE backed tech business are looking to hire a qualified tax professional to join their growing business, based in their Berkshire HQs. They are going through a really exciting period of growth, acquiring businesses overseas and expanding into new territories. A very commercial, innovative and tight-knit business.
They are looking for someone who is keen to demonstrate knowledge across corporate tax, transfer pricing and some indirect tax to the organisation. In return they will offer a level of tax strategy ownership in a high-profile role within an expanding global business with a track record of extensive M&A activity.
As the 'go to tax specialist' you will support their diverse and complex legal entities and provide best practice for both direct and indirect tax advice to the business. An opportunity to gain ownership of your work and assist the business in establishing and structuring an internal tax function. Advising on global tax strategy and process improvements to mitigate risks.
- Manage and oversee the tax compliance cycle for both direct and indirect tax.
- Manage external relationship with HM Revenue & Customs and other authorities as needed in relation to all direct and indirect tax issues.
- Deliver accurate statutory reporting for UK consolidation and compliance purposes
- Creating related transfer pricing documentation to meet central and local requirements.
- Provide advice on complex tax issues and manage this relationship as needed.
- Maintain relationship with local financial controllers and outsourced tax support in country, ensuring adequate controls and reviews are in place to keep up to date with local compliance.
- Support with reducing the number of legal entities within the Group.
- Integrate new businesses or companies acquired by the group.
- Preparation of the tax disclosure notes for inclusion in the statutory accounts of all UK entities, implementing processes and systems as needed.
- Qualified in accountancy or tax (ACCA, ACA or CTA)
- Solid corporate tax/international tax experience.
- Extensive exposure to a wide range of tax issues effecting large UK companies
- Understanding of transfer pricing and European tax law is a big plus.
- Ideally in-house experience.
- Understanding of IFRS tax reporting.
- Analytical and detailed.
- Commercial and engaging.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a growing team.
Paying £60,000 - £70,000 plus very competitive bonus and benefits, with flexible working.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone to enhance their career and gain real exposure across the business whilst take on a variety of tax matters, as the go to tax specialist.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact Simon Riva at The Consultant Group.