A rapidly growing PE backed business are seeking an experienced in-house VAT Tax expert to join its growing tax function and lead the VAT function, based in their Essex HQs. This company is all about growth as they continue to expand their market remit and increase its volume. Trebling their revenue over the last year, big ticket acquisitions and partnering with some of the market leading brands in the world.
The Group VAT Tax Manager will have responsibility for managing and overseeing the UK and overseas VAT strategy and compliance space. An opportunity to restructure and provide specialist in-house support as the business continues to grow. In addition to this, the ideal candidate will provide indirect tax advice to the business and be involved in interesting projects where indirect tax knowledge is required. Reporting into the Group Finance Director. You will have two direct reports who will be focusing on the day to day compliance and reporting cycle.
- Leading, delivering and overseeing the implementation of a more centralised and efficient approach for indirect tax compliance for the group.
- Providing recommendations and delivering on process and systems improvements globally, particularly in light of Making Tax Digital (MTD phase 2) in the UK and other global VAT developments.
- Ensuring VAT legislative changes and standards are closely reviewed and adopted globally as appropriate.
- Leading and providing strategic input into global indirect tax audits and enquiries.
- Proactively advising the business on all indirect tax matters including known complex technical issues and matters arising from new business developments i.e new territories, customs/supply chain, Brexit and ad-hoc VAT matters.
- Leading and delivering on indirect tax projects and transactions to ensure the indirect tax position of the group is optimised.
- Manage and oversee two VAT specialists within the team.
- Liaise with third party advisors/tax authorities in respect of UK/international VAT matters.
- Provide ad-hoc indirect tax advice to the business where required.
- Business partner with various senior stakeholders.
- Fully qualified (ACCA, ACA or CTA)
- Strong in-house UK and international VAT experience.
- Knowledge of EU tax law.
- Knowledge or exposure to customs duties/supply chain linked up to VAT.
- Willingness to lead and interact with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities.
- Ability to build relationships across all levels.
Paying between £70,000 - £80,000 plus competitive bonus and benefits package.
This is a really exciting opportunity for someone to broaden their horizons and join a growing business with huge plans for the the future. An opportunity to step into a leading role.
Please get in touch with Simon Riva if you are interested and meet the required skill set.