The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for an interim Head of Financial Control to join a widely known media business based in Central London on a 3-6 month basis.
- Be the source of excellence for IFRS & FRS guidance, ensuring accounting policies are robust, communicated and applied
- Prepare accounting papers to support internal practices, and liaise with external auditors to ratify this.
- Develop and maintain a strong internal controls and review framework
- Achieve and sustain the highest quality in account reconciliations
- Manage balance sheet risks, opportunities and provisions, flagging impact on P&L where appropriate, and inputting to forecast/budget processes as appropriate
- Support the balance sheet review process across the organisation, ensuring accuracy, consistency with policy and timely delivery of requirements
- Strong focus on working capital and cashflow management, reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Strong focus on balance sheet reporting, forecasting and budgeting.
- Support budgeting, forecasting and long range planning processes by providing tax forecasts, cashflow, balance sheet and covenant forecasts.
- Manage and report on external banking covenant requirements, taking both a short and mid-term view on management requirements
- Prepare external reporting as required, including, but not limited to, quarterly bank reporting and Office of National Statistics requirements
- Drive monthly/quarterly/annual controllership reporting. Manage group consolidation reporting.
- Identification and communication of risks and opportunities in a timely fashion, making recommendations as to ways forward to manage/mitigate
- Manage the audit and relevant associated statutory reporting in a timely, accurate and diligent way
- Anticipate, assess and manage the impact of regulatory, taxation or accounting changes and make recommendations accordingly
- Manage tax and VAT reporting, as well as tax position of the company both UK and overseas. Provide advice to business on any tax implications of proposed projects.
- Continual focus on accounting systems to ensure correct usage, maximisation of applications and ongoing reporting improvements
- Build strong relationships with both internal and external customers and stakeholders, including audit team, tax advisors and systems providers
- Maintain up to date list of signatories and authorisation limits and review periodically
- Management and development of payroll team and Financial Accounting Manager.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with extensive experience gained in similar roles
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present and explain complicated concepts
- Track record of driving process improvements, simplification and control implementation
- Comfortable with managing multiple priorities
- Agresso experience preferred but not essential
- Ability to see the big picture but also comfortable getting into the detail as required
- Extensive experience of working capital management