The Consultancy Group are assisting a global private equity backed (servicing 90 countries worldwide) professional services business in the recruitment of a Head of Group Reporting.
Working as part of a high performing financial reporting team, this role will have immediate exposure to senior stakeholders and involve building solid relationships with the wider business, providing key information to enable improvements to business performance. You will promote and ensure compliance with group policy and IFRS accounting standards across the organisation.
You will have ownership for & provide thought leadership regarding all technical accounting matters as well as responsibility for cash forecasting so as to take to the next level the cash forecasting & capabilities within the finance team.
In addition, the Group is embarking on a major upgrade of all financial systems & you will be involved in the design, build & test stages of this ERP project.
This role offers massive development potential with realistic succession into the Director of Reporting role within c2 years.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing Statutory accounts for all UK entities
- Review & sign off all non-UK subsidiary statutory accounts
- Ensuring that all accounting standards are met and comply with IFRS
- Work closely with the auditors and the internal financial reporting team
- Follow through all financial annual audits and understand deadlines
- Work closely with the reporting team to complete the monthly board packs
- Consolidation of group financial results & commentary
- Responsibility for the weekly cash flow forecast
- Monitor groups FX exposure & put in place hedging strategies
- Prepare ad hoc share valuations
- Prepare technical accounting papers for the Board
- Responsible for Group Insurance renewal
- Preparing the indirect cashflow forecast & commentary
- Responsibility for quarterly covenant reporting to lender syndicate
- Design, implement & maintain a group wide revenue recognition review process for all new contracts
- Act as trusted advisor to the FP&A team in respect of all technical accounting issues and both drive forward adherence to & act as control point for all accounting standards matters
- Qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA) with a strong academic background
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS
- Strong interpersonal skills & an ability to communicate well with senior management
- Experience of audit & group consolidations