The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting a Head of IT Delivery for a global Private Equity backed business based in Central London.
Project Planning - define and manage the portfolio of projects that will enable delivery of the business priorities over the next 3-5 years.
- Map out status and value of current initiatives portfolio to identify point of departure and arrival.
- Define and enhance a single portfolio of projects and create a project delivery roadmap for the next 6, 12 and 18 months, identifying clear timelines, owners and next steps.
- Bring expertise in running projects through Agile and Waterfall methods. Support stakeholders decide which projects need to be executed through respective methodologies.
- Oversee the execution of the roadmap and help PMs remove roadblocks and resolve challenges.
- Procure and use project and portfolio management tools across all IT delivery.
- Manage and control the use of resources in IT delivery.
Reporting and Governance - act as the main oversight and governance mechanism in the IT domain for globally.
- Define a simple, scalable framework for IT delivery, and track resources, time and cost for all initiatives.
Collaboration and Relationships - work closely with the CIO, the wider business, project managers, product owners and SCRUM masters to drive and assure delivery.
- Directly communicate with business stakeholders to discuss progress and update them on related projects. Be able to translate business requirements into IT delivery objectives.
- Oscillate between the PE investor and the business at all levels to effectively communicate project progress.
Leadership - build, coach and lead a lean, motivated and competent Project Management team that can reliably deliver on the IT Roadmap, and that demonstrates values and behaviours.
- Lead and motivate a team of Project Managers with the competency and skillset required to deliver on agreed goals / objectives and liaise with a wider team of initiative leads to ensure smooth delivery of IT priorities.
- Challenge and support Project Managers with knowledge of execution techniques and expertise in the management of an end to end IT change portfolio of a high-growth business.
- Develop team's specialist and relationship building skills, nurturing a mindset of partnering with the business.
- Strong experience in leading portfolio and project management at a strategic level and high value, a global stewardship mind set and a talent for navigating cultural nuances to deliver the right outcomes.
- A self-starter with results-driven approach and a desire to win, with strong business acumen and commercial focus. Takes on challenges and manages risk
- Waterfall and Agile (e.g. Prince 2; DSDM)