Head of PMO - Retail - London
The Consultancy Group are excited to be recruiting on behalf of a fashion retailer who have enjoyed a hugely successful financial year.
The technology division is growing as they focus on increasing their digital portfolio and ecommerce platform. They now require a Head of PMO to establish, lead and develop the PMO team.
This is a newly created position within the organisation.
· Provide IT and Business leadership with oversight and governance of the overall IT Portfolio of change and enhancements
· Establish, lead, and develop the PMO team
· Ensure frameworks and guide-rails that promote good practice for the delivery of value at pace under just enough governance are defined
· Coach the teams to operate within the frameworks and guide-rails and work with them to continually improve the ways of working
· Introduction, continuous improvement, and coaching of lean-agile practices across end to end delivery
· Ensure the success of delivery teams by collaborating to remove blockers to progress
· Facilitate the reporting and management of budgets across IT budgets
· Facilitate the end to end demand and supply processes for IT delivery including facilitation of the Portfolio Review meetings
· Facilitate the two key IT governance meetings: IT Steering Committee with C-suite stakeholders and IT Heads meeting
· Communicate regular updates to all stakeholders tailoring the messages in the right manner to the appropriate audience.
Key Skills Required:
· Proven experience of leading PMO through a transition from traditional to agile approaches across Team/Project, Programme, and Portfolio level
· Proven experience of managing IT projects and programmes in a fast-paced environment across a range of technologies and business areas; ERP, Supply Chain, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Retail
· Prior record of defining and implementing agile delivery and governance frameworks including risk management, financial management, resource management, change management, procurement
· Proven experience of facilitating C-level governance groups
· Proven experience of establishing and leading a PMO that enables end to end delivery teams to succeed at pace
· Familiarity with the effective use of tools to optimise IT delivery team performance such as MS Project, JIRA, Teams, Sharepoint
· Effective communication style and approach with stakeholders at all levels
· Familiarity with modern delivery techniques including scrum, kanban, scaled agile, devops, behaviour and test-driven development, lean start up
· Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
· Experience of scaled agile methodologies
· Experience with Azure DevOps/Team Foundation Server
· Experience in the footwear and/or apparel industry