A multinational retailer with exciting plans for further international growth are looking for a Head of Tax to join their Head Office team, based in London. The role is responsible for across all taxes globally, and will play a key role in advising the business through continued expansion and change. As a key member of the Finance Senior Leadership Team, you will contribute to the operating plan for the department, and inspire and lead the wider team.
Post COVID, you will work 2 days a week in the office, with the other 3 flexible (choice of home or office).
- Ownership of the Tax Strategy of the group and management of the tax risk globally.
- Indirect tax compliance in the UK and internationally
- Corporation tax compliance, including R&D tax credit and maximising capital allowances.
- Implementation of the groups transfer pricing policy, ensuring appropriate group and local country documentation is in place.
- Provide advice to the business on the implications of key transactions, change initiatives and expansion decisions of the Group.
- Customs and duty compliance in the UK and internationally
- Responsible for readiness preparations for the Senior Accounting Officer regime
- Manage the relationship with HMRC and lead the response to any HMRC or local tax authority enquiries.
- Establish and develop the tax function, leading and managing a team of 5 and raising the profile of tax across the business.
- Professionally qualified in tax or accountancy (ACA,ACCA,CTA)
- A Broad Tax background, including experience in International customs and duties
- Enjoys process improvements
- Is great at leading teams and building relationships
For further information on this role, please contact Phil Smyth at The Consultancy Group.