The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for a Technical Accountant to lead are currently looking for an experienced technical accountant to lead an IFRS16 implementation project, immediate start.
- Determine the P&L and balance sheet impact of the new standard for budgeting, forecasting, monthly management reporting and annual statutory reporting purposes
- Communicate with and train local finance teams on implementation impact for group month end reporting and address their queries
- Prepare transition notes, proforma primary statements and supporting narrative disclosure for the annual consolidated financial statements
- Operate as key contact for external auditors regarding the transition impact, clearly document the approach taken and see this work through to completion
- Communicate to stakeholders the expected impact on other project work such as disposals and business reorganisations
- Determine the P&L and balance sheet impact of the new standard for subsidiary reporting purposes where required
- Draft key technical papers for Audit Committee and prepare group leases accounting policy
- Effectively collaborate with operations, group finance, regional finance leadership & external accounting advisors to obtain the required information and identify required changes to business processes.
- Exposure to IFRS 16 (experience in implementation and training)
- Professional accounting qualification
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrable experience of advising Senior Management on financial reporting issues
- Must be results oriented, decisive, proactive and focused with excellent attention to detail