The Consultancy Group are recruiting for an Indirect Tax Accountant to join an International Retail business, based in London.
Reporting to the Head of Tax, your responsibilities will include:
- Owning UK VAT planning and strategy including monitoring legislative changes and taking ownership to communicate these, planning and effecting change in the organisation to obtain the best VAT position and cash flow result
- You will oversee and monitor the tax systems to ensure proper compliance
- Preparation of supporting working papers including assembly of data into tax returns and payment calculations
- Interrogation of accounting systems and analysis of outputs from other departments
- Ad hoc consulting and advisory projects
- Liaising with internal stakeholders, information providers, external advisers and revenue authorities
- Generally support compliance including process control design and testing.
- ACA/ACCA training or Tax Inspector with full Technical Training course; or tax equivalent
- Good understanding of book keeping and accounting principles including journal adjustments and GL reconciliations
- Software skills (excel; word; PowerPoint)
- Efficient ability to interrogate accounting systems (e.g. SAP)
- Industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal and confident communication skills
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Commitment to lifelong learning and personal development
- Ability to work independently, managing conflicting priorities with ease and efficiency
- An excellent communicator and multi-tasker with exceptional organisational abilities
For further information on the opportunity, please contact Phil Smyth at The Consultancy Group.