A fast growing UK retail business are looking to hire an Indirect Tax Manager to join their in-house tax team based in London. Reporting to the Head of Tax, you will be a key member of team working across a broad range of indirect tax compliance and advisory matters.
- You will own the UK VAT planning and strategy
- You will oversee and monitor the tax systems to ensure proper compliance with VAT laws and reporting
- Preparation of supporting working papers including assembly of data into tax returns and quarterly payment calculations
- Interrogation of accounting systems and analysis of outputs from other departments
- Ad hoc consulting and advisory projects
- Liaising with internal stakeholders, information providers, external advisers and revenue authorities
- Support VAT tax compliance and implement process improvements
- Highly experienced tax practitioner
- Software skills (excel; word; PowerPoint)
- Efficient ability to interrogate accounting systems (e.g. SAP)
- Excellent interpersonal and confident communication skills
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Ability to work independently, managing conflicting priorities with ease and efficiency
For further information on this opportunity, please contact Phil Smyth at The Consultancy Group.