An international digital media company are currently recruiting for an indirect tax manager position, based in their London HQs.
The ideal candidate will act as the go to person for all UK indirect tax related activity with some cross-over on international VAT work, reporting into the Group Finance Controller with a dotted line into the Group Indirect Tax Lead.
- Assist with the design, continued development and management of a central VAT compliance approach in the UK.
- While accountability for indirect tax management and compliance primarily lies with the local finance teams, this role is to act as a central compliance function actually analysing the transactions and completing returns.
- Lead the review and support of the monthly/quarterly VAT filings in the UK.
- Support the business in advising on the most appropriate Indirect Tax approach.
- Lead on various UK related VAT projects whilst also supporting the group on some overseas projects when required.
- Managing potential tax risks and ensuring the commercial objectives are met.
- Business partnering with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Support VAT audits, in collaboration with local finance teams.
- ACCA, ACA or CTA qualified.
- Either coming from a top tier practice firm or large industry
- Strong UK VAT compliance knowledge.
- Experience of implementing and/or managing centralised multi-territory VAT compliance activities.
- Be process driven but commercially focused.
- Someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get things done as required and take ownership.
- Attention to detail and naturally inquisitive.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently yet collaboratively with finance team and internal business partners.
Paying up to £60,000 basic plus package.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the required skill set, please get in touch with Simon Riva.