A FTSE listed business require an Interim Finance Business Partner for a 12 month role. This role has financial responsibility for a unit within a division of the business. The Interim Finance Business Partner will be part of the unit management team and report to the Divisional Controller. The Interim Finance Business Partner will work with the other operating divisions to drive end to end cost management. The role will work closely with divisional business analysts and the Shared Service Centres who are responsible for core accounting activity such as month end close.
Operating in a culture of accountability and continuous improvement, the finance business partner uses commercial insight, analytical and leadership skills to manage the unit including constructively challenging the status quo.
The Finance Business Partner is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Trusted Business Partner for a division and unit supported, being part of and building strong relationships with the management team of the unit supported
- Ownership and responsibility for end to end Business Planning, Forecasting and Budget submissions for the unit supported, ensuring key assumptions, dependencies, risks and opportunities are understood, articulated, and managed. Production and presentation of supporting material, including on occasion to the senior management team of the division and Group (CEO and SMT)
- Responsible for business cases including sign off and consideration of approach taken (i.e. zero based, rolling), advising on reasons for incurring costs, financial / commercial returns, and the risk position
- Confident and robust challenge to senior leaders
- Influencing the business and senior leaders through the provision of commercial, tactical, and strategic insights.
- Delivering requirements autonomously and under limited supervision
- Delivering high quality business commentary and presentations right first time, including excellent "story telling" skills.
- Effectively dealing with ambiguity, uncertainty, and urgent time critical responses
- Cost base management: working with the unit management team to ensure committed to budgets are delivered. Use of multiple techniques including KPIs, zero based builds, rolling forecasts, and analytical reviews to drive improvement in the cost base. Build and maintain relationships with procurement to improve the 3rd part cost base, including supporting cross divisional initiatives.
- Lead on the management of the cost base impact from acquisition and disposal activity.
- Responsible for the units working capital and cash performance. Conduct regular reviews with the shared service teams to ensure the balance sheet is understand including articulation and management of any material risks and opportunities.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Finance processes, systems, and ways of working.
- Excellent knowledge of leadership, coaching and stakeholder management
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- A track record of continuous professional and management development
- Knowledge of dealing with acquisitions and disposals