The Consultancy Group are working closely with a well-known Luxury Retailer based in the heart of Central London. The business have recently made huge aquisitions and showing clear signs of continous growth. They are in search for an Interim Financial Accountant to help close year-end and successfully take them through the audit for 2019.
- Review all fixed asset journals, accruals / prepayments
- Review monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Periodically analyse and post provisions for obsolete or slow-moving stock
- Reconcile inter-Group accounts on a monthly basis
- Review and challenge seasonal line-list data (i.e. estimated product cost) and ensure accuracy of upload into accounting system
- Ensure all sampling costs are being accurately accrued for
- Ensure all wholesale trade discounts, chargebacks, contributions and returns are being accurately accrued for
- Prepare monthly legal and management accounts by company / brand
- Prepare semi-annual financial reporting packs, and supporting schedules and analysis
- Prepare annual statutory accounts for all UK registered companies.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and information, when required
- Liaise with the Financial controller to develop and deliver ad hoc training to the finance team
- Keep up to date with changes in accounting rules and policies (including IFRS and FRS102) and ensure any transitions or adjustments are carried out
- Manage and coach the Assistant Accountant.
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Retail experience desired, although not essential
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel skills