An international media organisation is looking for an interim Financial Controller on a 12 month FTC.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate financial records for the trading activity in accordance with local GAAP and IFRS.
- Communicating closely with regional finance lead to ensuring timely, accurate and complete monthly reporting.
- Ensure that monthly balance sheet reconciliations are reviewed on a timely basis with adequate and constructive feedback as well as follow up to ensure queries are actioned.
- Timely preparation of technical papers in respect of all significant one-off items
- Ensure that statutory financial statements and all other statutory filings are complete in line with local deadlines.
- Deal with matters raised by the statutory bodies in a timely and professional manner.
- Participating or leading system, operational or process changes as required.
- Acting as the face for internal and external audits and driving simplification and continuous improvement of financial processes.
- Working closely with the businesses on initiatives and advising on implications from a local GAAP and IFRS point of view. Support with adhoc requests and analysis as required
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong local GAAP & IFRS knowledge.