The Consultancy Group are working closely with a FTSE 100 business who are in search for an Interim Group Accountant.
- Maintenance of accounting records for a portfolio of Group companies
- Ownership and reconciliation of allocated balance sheet accounts
- Assistance with accounting for property, financing and tax structures in line with business requirements
- Management of accounting integration for relevant acquisitions and disposals
- Preparation of the Group's subsidiary statutory accounts
- Liaise with external auditors and the internal Group Reporting team
- Ensure the Group's statutory accounts are filed with Companies House on a timely basis
- Be a subject matter expert for a specific accounting area e.g. pensions, cash flow, share based payments etc.
- Own all accounting entries for subject area.
- Ensure correct presentation of subject area in Group accounts
- Assist with the production of the Group's periodic management accounts, ensuring all consolidation journals are posted and reconciled
- Assist with the intercompany process ensuring that all Group balances are accurately reconciled and agreed on a periodic basis
- Preparation of cash flow statement
- Manage the budgeting & forecasting process for the allocated balance sheet accounts
- Perform a high standard of ad hoc analysis to support the CFO and Director of Group Finance which identifies key issues and opportunities for improvement
- Qualified accountant with good knowledge of IFRS standards
- At least 3 years PQE, including time in practice and industry
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimal support
- Good systems skills (Excel, Oracle & Hyperion)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills