A leading retailer require a Group Financial Controller on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
The Group Financial Controller is a broad financial accounting role with two direct reports, with the key focus being to navigate three legal entities through year end.
- Coordinate the month end management accounts meetings, providing a summary of the consolidated P&L, as well as balance sheet, cash flow and fixed asset analyses
- Responsibility for the financial accounting function, reviewing balance sheet reconciliations to ensure a clean year end process
- Guide the business through its July year end for the UK business, liaising with auditors and overseeing the production of the statutory accounts
- Management of the Accounts Payable Team. This will provide control through reviews of creditors' reports, as well as reviews of process within the team
- Administration of the finance system, including coordination of testing during system upgrades
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with considerable experience as a financial controller
- Ideally experience within a retail environment
- Exposure to both statutory accounting and commercial management reporting.
- Strong leader, with demonstrable experience leading financial accounts teams and accounts payable functions through successful year ends
- Technically and commercially astute
- Prepared accounts under UK GAAP.