The Consultancy Group are working closely with a £200m T/O subsidary of a global transportation firm who are in search for an Interim Financial Controller.
- Oversee a team of qualified and part-qualified management accountants, plus the payroll department.
- Primary liaison with the Shared Service Centre, with quarterly review meetings.
- Prepare monthly management accounts with input from across the business.
- Creation of periodic finance board reporting, KPIs, and operational MI.
- Prepare annual budgeting, 10-year business planning, and quarterly reforecasting
- Implementation of revised accounting standards and statutory requirements, with creation of robust financial policies and controls.
- Lead annual external audit process, statutory accounts preparations, and corporation tax calculations working with external advisors as appropriate.
- Actively monitor key projects against expectations and advise on relevant financial aspects.
- Qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with staff management experience is essential.
- Must have thorough appreciation of the needs of internal and external stakeholders, coupled with the ability to identify areas for improvement and implement effective action plans.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff. Able to provide clear and concise feedback and guidance to promote staff confidence in decision making.
- Ability to analyse and interpret information with a strong understanding of key business drivers.
- Experience working in multi-site and people based business is desirable