The Consultancy Group are working closely with a global consultancy firm that specialise in providing bespoke solutions to businesses improving their operational efficiency, and providing deep insights to drive economies worldwide. They are in search for an Interim Statutory Accountant.
- Review and production of annual financial statements for over 40 active EMEA companies under FRS 102, FRS101, IFRS for SMEs and full IFRS.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements (FCA, FRS 101, IFRS and Companies Act).
- Preparation of central documents required for the statutory audit such as investment impairment, goodwill impairment, share based payment allocations, IFRS 9 and IFRS 15
- Liaison with external auditors during the course of the statutory audit including answering and resolving any technical queries.
- Posting and reconciliation of statutory audit adjustments
- Accounting for group restructuring and required eliminations for group consolidation.
- Liaison with a number of stakeholders including payroll, treasury and tax for resolution of queries.
- Advise and contribute on projects that impact the statutory reporting team and wider reporting team e.g. new accounting standards.
- Pro-actively suggest improvements and develop best practices within Finance to improve efficiencies.
- Onboarding of entities to the statutory accounting software.
- Testing the data migration of the statutory transactions into an upgraded SAP system.
- Other project based and ad-hoc work
- IFRS 15 statutory disclosure and reporting impact
- IFRS 9 impact on statutory reporting
- FRS 102 to FRS 101 conversion
- Preparation, review and posting of group restructuring journals
- Ideally 5 years PQE Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Technically proficient
- Strong working knowledge of FRS 101 and IFRS with FRS 102 to FRS 101 convergence experience advantageous
- Excellent SAP experience
- Mature approach with the ability and confidence to deal with external auditors on a daily basis
- Demonstrating ownership and accountability
- Thrives working in a fast paced environment with ability to adapt to change
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team mentality is essential