Project Planning - define and manage the portfolio of projects that will enable delivery of the business priorities over the next 3-5 years.
- Map out status and value of current initiatives portfolio to identify point of departure and arrival.
- Define and enhance a single portfolio of projects and create a project delivery roadmap for the next 6, 12 and 18 months, identifying clear timelines, owners and next steps.
- Prepare and manage the IT delivery budget.
- Forecast the pipeline of project capacity and identify dependencies with suppliers and other parts of the business.
Project Execution - ensure successful delivery to standard of all projects in the IT change portfolio.
- Bring expertise in running projects through Agile and Waterfall methods. Support stakeholders decide which projects need to be executed through respective methodologies.
- Oversee the execution of the roadmap and help PMs remove roadblocks and resolve challenges.
- Oversee a live release and implementation calendar with the other IT Heads.
- Ensure that projects are executed on time, to cost and at high quality.
- Procure and use project and portfolio management tools across all IT delivery.
- Manage and control the use of resources in IT delivery.
- Facilitate meetings, workshops (e.g. planning sessions).
- Run the programme/project management office (PMO).
Reporting and Governance - act as the main oversight and governance mechanism in the IT domain for globally.
- Define a simple, scalable framework for IT delivery, and track resources, time and cost for all initiatives.
- Ensure all dependencies are accurately tracked and that there is one single authoritative source of reporting on the status of all projects and programmes globally.
- Regularly report to the CIO and the rest of the business on the progress of individual projects and be prepared to address questions and provide input.
Collaboration and Relationships - work closely with the CIO, the wider business, project managers, product owners and SCRUM masters to drive and assure delivery.
- Directly communicate with business stakeholders to discuss progress and update them on related projects. Be able to translate business requirements into IT delivery objectives.
- Oscillate between the PE investor and the business at all levels to effectively communicate project progress.
- Keep a regular line of communication and alignment to other sub-functions of IT, and to other relevant stakeholders, e.g. Digital, functions. Work in a "handshake" with the Enterprise Architect and the Head of Information and Cyber Security to deliver smoothly on all initiatives.
- Display strong gravitas to work globally across IT, the business and to manage disparate personalities to achieve desired results.
- Secure resources from external suppliers, from different IT functions through the IT Heads and business stakeholders in order to ensure correct project staffing.
- Operate with a large degree of ownership and a self-reliant mindset but also decide how and when to involve regional and global leadership.
- Become a trusted thought partner to the CIO providing input and challenge to key decisions.
- Demonstrate credibility and a straightforward and professional communication at all times. Keep a clear line of communication and be transparent and open about challenges and successes.
Leadership - build, coach and lead a lean, motivated and competent Project Management team that can reliably deliver on the IT Roadmap, and that demonstrates values and behaviors.
- Lead and motivate a team of Project Managers with the competency and skillset required to deliver on agreed goals / objectives and liaise with a wider team of initiative leads to ensure smooth delivery of IT priorities.
- Challenge and support Project Managers with knowledge of execution techniques and expertise in the management of an end to end IT change portfolio of a high-growth business.
- Develop team's specialist and relationship building skills, nurturing a mindset of partnering with the business.
Innovation and Digital - partner with Digital on how we can deliver on cutting edge initiatives. Liaise on specific projects.
- Proactively scan the market for innovative solutions and opportunities that will optimise how we work and serve clients.
- Partner with Digital to deliver innovative change solutions