Helps to provide comprehensive, progressive financial support to the Education division, ensuring that regular financial reporting deadlines are met and contributing to business initiatives through the provision of sound commercial financial data, analysis and commentary.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly management accounts, including journal posting, balance sheet account reconciliation, calculation of provisions and P&L variance analysis.
- Working in partnership with the divisional management to complete the budgeting and reforecasting processes by the preparation of templates, consolidation of data and completion of submissions to Group Finance, together with additional analysis and commentary.
- Support the publishing teams with pre- and post- investment appraisals, highlighting, monitoring and reporting on financial risk, based on internal and external data and analysis.
- Works with the Production department to optimise stock management, including printing decisions, analysis on sales and overstocks.
- Work with colleagues in the Group Finance function to support their consolidation and reporting responsibilities and on matters such as accounting policies and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Suggest and implement process improvements
- Liaises with Accounts Payable to help ensure invoices are dealt with appropriately in the business.
- Other ad hoc projects, analyses and requests as required by the business.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Finance ERP systems, ideally SAP
- Confident with large quantities of data and able to analyse and evaluate financial and statistical data
- Understands and is interested in the division's priorities, its systems and processes
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good verbal and written communication: able to explain complex issues simply to colleagues outside the finance team