While this role is heavily focused on processes and month end, ad-hoc analysis and bespoke reporting will still be required. Your inquisitive nature will help you not just with this, but by also identifying opportunities to improve the profitability of the business.
This is a challenging role. But it will be fun and importantly, the role will build upon your studies and existing experience to help you become a stronger management accountant. For those prepared to make the commitment, and take responsibility for their career, there is a clear development pathway that leads from this role all the way up to CFO.
- Gain a solid understanding of all monthly tasks and processes and work towards meeting and exceeding deadline expectations for postings and reporting.
- Ensure all processes are thoroughly documented
- Review processes to identify and eliminate inaccuracy and completeness risks
- Identify which processes could be eliminated / automated / streamlined
- Develop and implement a plan to reduce number of monthly / weekly tasks, and the amount of effort they consume through elimination and/or automation
(2) Business Acumen and Profit Improvement
- Develop a solid understanding of our business model, including income and cost drivers
- Produce monthly/weekly estimates
- Develop an understanding of the reporting you are producing
- Develop a strong relationship and work closely with the Brand Management Accountants to understand the key drivers in the business.