The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant for a Global advertising company.
To support the Head of Finance with the preparation of management accounts and relevant schedules, and improvement of processes, systems and reporting across:
· Maintaining accurate and up-to-date accounts in the finance system
· Preparation of management accounts and supporting schedules (actuals and forecast) - encompassing full balance sheet and P&L
· Detailed submission of actuals and forecast into the group reporting system (SAP) for group consolidation purposes
· Ensuring best practice reconciliations and checks, efficient processes, and automation of reporting is in place where possible to maximise efficiencies and minimise margin of error.
· Ensuring strong financial controls are maintained across the business.
· Reviewing AP, AR, and petty cash schedules produced by other members of the team, and supporting them in process and reporting improvements.
· Processing and reconciliation of intercompany transactions and balances.
· Assisting with the review of finance system setup and processes, including source data.
· Treasury management and cash flow reporting - inclusive of net working capital management, and a rolling weekly cash flow forecast.
· Royalty reporting processes relating to month end (revenue and associated participant costs).
· Support with the rollout of group initiatives regarding processes, systems and reporting changes.
· Other ad hoc work that may arise.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
Attributes and Behaviours:
· This role requires a confident and proactive person who is highly organised, and able to use their initiative and prioritisation skills to deal with challenging situations and regular deadlines
· Must be proactive and able to get up to speed quickly
· Takes personal responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work
· Willingness to get involved at a detailed level, but also able to step back and see the bigger picture
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
· Qualified accountant with minimum 2-5 years' post-qualified experience - either CIMA, ACCA or ACA
· Excellent numeracy skills
· Good attention to detail
· Preparation of management accounts and statutory reporting
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; initiative to come up with and implement process and reporting improvements
· Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables and advanced formulas i.e. building nested functions). Financial modelling experience would be an advantage.
· Excellent interpersonal skills for supporting and troubleshooting with other members of the finance function and other departments
· Ability to cope in a busy and demanding work environment with regular and conflicting deadlines
· Previous experience of the PMI and SAP systems desirable but not essential
· Experience of working within the media industry is preferred; royalties knowledge an advantage
· May be required to work additional hours or flexibly during busy periods, notably month end
Knowledge / Qualifications: