The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for a part-qualified Management Accountant to join a well-known casual dining business. This role is based in their Central London office on an initial 6 month contract.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This role is a key member of the Management Accounts team, reporting into the Senior Management accountant. They will be responsible for the accounting of all head office costs, ensuring accurate and timely completion for the period end review. The successful candidate will be the key point of contact for the Heads of Department and will hold P&L review meetings on a periodic basis.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of the month end process of all Head office cost centres, this involves:
- Processing accruals and prepayments on Sage our accounting software
- Investigating variances to budget, liaising with appropriate department heads where required
- P&L review meeting with Head of Management Accounts and Financial Controller to explain period variances
- Explain variances in a review meeting with Management
- Responsible for the accounting of P&L costs incurred while sites are closed for refurbishment
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Hold periodic review meetings with the Heads of Departments to explain period and year to date P&L variances
- Understand risks and opportunities within each departments P&L
- Own and evolve the department P&L review packs to ensure efficient and timely distribution
- Be an integral part of the Head office budgeting process which includes:
- Consolidating department budgets and comparing them against year to date costs to understand variances and the reason for them
- Ad-hoc requests for information from the Finance Director and Senior Management
- Main point of contact for Heads of Department
- Assist with the Year-end Financial audit
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Finance is an integral part of the business, providing timely and accurate reporting and commercial support to in order to deliver the best customer experience. Accordingly, the successful applicant will a be smart, driven and commercially-minded individual who enjoys a challenge, prides themselves on being a team player and will seek to improve upon the status quo.
We want someone who is smart, confident, and vocal, while being able to manage differing priorities. They must be able to communicate well with non-financial individuals on financial matters.
In addition, we are also looking for the following:
- Minimum 12 months experience in a similar role
- Full knowledge and understanding of accruals and prepayments is essential
- Experience working with SAGE is advantageous but not crucial
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate to excellent excel skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Confident, meticulous, precise, self-starter, professional