The Conultancy Group are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant on a 12 month fixed term contract to join a growing casual dining restuartant business. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 12 months expereince in a similar role and a background in retial/ hospitality or consumer products.
This role is a key member of the Management Accounts team, reporting to the Head of Management Accounts. The successful candidate will be the key finance point of contact for the Department Management and will look after a set number of restaurants.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of food and beverage costs, maintenance and other restaurant overheads, this involves:
- Processing accruals and prepayments on Sage our accounting software
- Investigating variances to budget by site, liaising with the appropriate heads where required
- Producing period end schedules to aid review
- Explain variances in a review meeting with the Head of Management Accounts and Financial Controller
- Preparing and sending P&Ls to a set number of restaurants and responding to queries
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare the weekly flash P&L forecast
- Hold period meetings with the Senior Maintenance Manager to discuss costs against budget and gain an insight into future risks and opportunities
- Ad hoc meetings with Operations in relation maintenance spends and identifying issues and needs within the estate
- Hold meetings with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure all information for food and drink rebate calculations are up to date.
- Liaise with the Commercial Department to analyse inflation and spot trends
- Regular meetings with Purchase ledger for supplier updates and to ensure rebates are being invoiced on a timely basis
- Be an integral part of the annual budget process for Cost of Sales (including rebates) and other restaurant overheads
- Ad-hoc requests for information from the Finance Director and Senior Management