- Assisting the Group Finance Manager with completing the end to end close process, monitoring timetables, reviewing bookings made by the shared service centres, coding and submitting into CODA (accounting system) for review and subsequent reporting. Carry out any bookkeeping entries required.
- Make sure the balance sheet is correctly accounted on a monthly basis and that all balance sheet reconciliations are kept up to date, including intercompany, fixed assets, prepayments, and accruals, deferred and accrued income, taxes.
- Communicate monthly movements within the group team.
- Assist the Group Finance Manager with processes to capture and reconcile all revenue streams.
- Make sure that Invoices are raised to external and internal parties to collect all revenues, using the shared service teams as appropriate.
- Ensure all costs are accounted correctly and completely by event, budget and month, as well as being able to challenge as appropriate. Discuss and agree to processes for allocating costs across events, as appropriate, ensuring these systems are adhered to. Assist with approval of invoices to contracts and the PO system.
- Assist the Group Finance Manager with group accounting processes, including group intercompany reconciliations, preference shares, minority interest, dividends, amortisation, recharge reconciliations and below the line reviews. Assist with year-end consolidation process.
- Assisting with the preparation and issuing of reporting on a monthly and annual basis including forecasting, month end management accounts, appropriate performance reports to any shareholders and any other required ad hoc reports.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly board report.
Skills and experience…
- Previous experience (2+ years) working in a finance role in a similar level in a fast-moving environment (desirable but not essential)
- Ideally qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Ideally experience in the Media Industry, but not essential
- You will have strong experience of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel (formulae, pivot tables).
- Experience with CODA Financials and Infor Reporting preferred, but not essential.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be confident and personable.
- You will be motivated and able to work under your own initiative and will have a proactive approach to investigating and resolving issues as they are identified.
- You'll have a determination and innovative approach to continually improve underlying processes and eliminate manual/redundant procedures.
- You will be honest, reliable and flexible to adapt in a fast moving company.