The Consultancy Group are currently looking for a Management Accountant for an established media business, based in West London. This a 6 months interim role, insdie IR35.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date accounts in the finance system (PMI)
- Preparation of management accounts and supporting schedules (actuals and forecast) - encompassing full balance sheet and P&L
- Detailed submission of actuals and forecast into the group reporting system (SAP) for group consolidation purposes
- Ensuring best practice reconciliations and checks, efficient processes, and automation of reporting is in place where possible to maximise efficiencies and minimise margin of error.
- Ensuring strong financial controls are maintained across the business.
- Reviewing AP, AR, and petty cash schedules produced by other members of the team and supporting them in process and reporting improvements.
- Processing and reconciliation of intercompany transactions and balances.
- Assisting with the review of finance system setup and processes, including source data.
- Treasury management and cash flow reporting - inclusive of net working capital management, and a rolling weekly cash flow forecast.
- Royalty reporting processes relating to month end (revenue and associated participant costs).
- Support with the rollout of group initiatives regarding processes, systems and reporting changes.
- Other ad hoc work that may arise.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified accountant with minimum 2-5 years' post-qualified experience - either CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Good attention to detail
- Preparation of management accounts and statutory reporting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; initiative to come up with and implement process and reporting improvements
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables and advanced formulas i.e. building nested functions). Financial modelling experience would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for supporting and troubleshooting with other members of the finance function and other departments