The main function of this role is to produce the Management Accounts to a high level of accuracy and in a timely manner, and to assist in providing a first-class business partnering service to the teams. This role will assist the Head of FP&A in providing analysis and commercial insight to the CFO and divisional heads to aid decision making.
Month end management accounts
- Produce monthly management accounts for the divisions
- Review production activity and account for monthly revenue, gross profit and margins
- Ownership of all month end journals, accruals, prepayments, recoveries & capex.
- Responsibility and maintenance of TV central overhead allocations and associated variance analysis with commentary.
- Ability to assist in preparing analysis for meetings with key stakeholders in the business on allocation methods, cost driving efficiencies and suitable proposals.
- Detailed variance analysis and commentary of actual performance against budget/forecast by project.
- Ownership of assigned balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assistance with the half year interim report and full year audit deliverables.
- Oversight of all production cost managers and ensuring they are kept up to date and reconciled to nominal ledgers.
- Provide business partnering analysis and financial support to the Production Executives and Production Managers, plus ad hoc support for Managing Directors, Exec Producers and CFO.
- Help develop strong working relationships with the Production Executives and Production Managers and ability to challenge deviations in expected margins.
Budgets & Forecasts
- Preparation of detailed budgets and quarterly detailed forecasting in conjunction with the Head of FP&A.
- Ability to present numbers to the Head of FP&A and explain impact of assumptions.
- Capable of preparing suitable forecasting scenarios with the ability to present to Head of FP&A.
- Working alongside the Head of FP&A and Financial Reporting Manager to drive efficiencies in processes and workflows across the finance function.
- Ad hoc analysis of revenue/costs in order to understand the business in more detail and make improvements, such as how to reduce production costs.
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified or Finalist
- Strong Excel skills
- Proactive self starter
- Good attention to detail