Job Purpose Summary
- To produce timely and accurate financial and management information to enable the senior management team to make informed business decisions.
- Maintain the reliability and accuracy of the financial and management information that is reported to the business.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Relationship building/management, business partnering and analytical accounting support for relevant budget holders of the Business Unit.
- Preparing monthly management accounts for the Business Unit. Full ownership and reconciliation of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow statements and supporting schedules.
- Posting monthly journals including accruals.
- Preparing budgets and forecasts for budget holders alongside the Financial Planning Analyst.
- Preparation of monthly P&L commentary including variance analysis for each department within the Business Unit.
- Preparation of a management accounts pack which can be presented to the senior management team.
- Responsible for calculation and compilation of Business Unit relevant VAT Returns.
- Assist with statutory reporting and the audit process.
- Maintain a monthly schedule of 'Risks and Opportunities' for review with the Financial Controller and Financial Planning Analyst during reforecasts.
- Creation of new companies and sourcing of fiscal partners to support global business growth.
- Liaising with existing fiscal partners across the globe and maintaining a schedule of international payment and reporting dates which is strictly adhered to.
- Mentor and develop the Accounts Assistant.
- Ad-hoc project work (c.20-30% of role).
- Demonstrates standards of excellence ,
- Excellent inter-personal skills,
- Professional and logical approach to problem solving,
- Demonstrates a high level of professional integrity,
- Strong initiative and self - motivation,
- Determination to succeed with a 'can do' attitude,
- Confident in own actions and fosters confidence in others,
- High levels of enthusiasm and energy,
- Maintains a positive frame of mind in all circumstances,
- Innovative and creative,
- Ability to work to deadlines,
- Flexibility in approach to work,
- Promotes personal credibility through working productively,
- Approaches all aspects of work with passion, a positive attitude and to lead by example,
- Works independently with effective time management,
- Inspire, challenge and support colleagues,
- To develop others and give recognition instinctively,
- To seek and handle both positive and negative personal feedback,
- To show a willingness to learn and self-develop.
Specific Job Skills:
- Analytical approach to ad-hoc problem solving and reconciliations.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Must have experience within a multi-currency and multiple entities
- Extensive knowledge of P&L preparation, Budgets, Forecasts & Variance Analysis.
- Track record of achieving results and exceeding expectations.
- Practical knowledge of financial controls and processes.
- Committed to business success.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office,
- Strong Microsoft Excel skill set with ability to build/use v -look ups.