Job Role Summary:
- To produce timely and accurate financial and management information to enable the senior management team to make informed business decisions.
- Maintain the reliability and accuracy of the financial and management information that is reported to the business.
- Relationship building/management, business partnering and analytical accounting support for relevant budget holders of the Business Unit.
- Preparing monthly management accounts for the Business Unit. Full ownership and reconciliation of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow statements and supporting schedules.
- Posting monthly journals including accruals.
- Preparing budgets and forecasts for budget holders alongside the Financial Planning Analyst.
- Preparation of monthly P&L commentary including variance analysis for each department within the Business Unit.
- Preparation of a management accounts pack which can be presented to the senior management team.
- Responsible for calculation and compilation of Business Unit relevant VAT Returns.
- Assist with statutory reporting and the audit process.
- Maintain a monthly schedule of 'Risks and Opportunities' for review with the Financial Controller and Financial Planning Analyst during reforecasts.
- Creation of new companies and sourcing of fiscal partners to support global business growth.
- Liaising with existing fiscal partners across the globe and maintaining a schedule of international payment and reporting dates which is strictly adhered to.
- Mentor and develop the Accounts Assistant.
- Ad-hoc project work (c.20-30% of role).