The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for a Project Accountant based near Bromford in Birmingham. Working closely with the Programme Manager, Workstream Leads and Programme Director, the key part of the role is to manage the end to end finances for a key programme ensuring costs are tightly controlled, variances to plan clearly understood and developing insightful Management Information.
The role will involve business partnering with key stakeholders within the Programme and on the senior management team including the Finance Director and Divisional Managing Director and with other parts of Finance and the Programme.
- Programme financial accounting and reporting for actuals and forecasts, including income statement, balance sheet reconciliations and cash flow.
- Preparation and review of monthly management accounts and variance analysis.
- Transactional analysis e.g. timesheets, overtime, expenses, T&M reporting.
- Review and approval of purchase requisitions, raising customer invoices, credit control and query resolution.
- Production of ad-hoc analytical support on a full range of financial issues.
- Production of workstream reports for review with workstream leads & challenging the workstreams as their finance business partner.
- Attend Programme meetings as the finance representative, providing challenge where required.
- Providing directors and senior management with accurate and timely information and analysis.
- Development of robust financial models, analysis, systems and reporting and supporting finance project initiatives and fostering continuous improvement culture.
- Production of ad-hoc analytical support on a full range of financial issues.Ad hoc support of business development and incorporating new implementations into the month end programme reporting as required.
- Maintain compliance with accounting policies, systems and procedures - implement new processes and controls where necessary.
- Strong accounting background (CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified), including experience working in project / contract accounting
- Excellent IT skills including strong proficiency in MS Excel (Pivot tables, V-lookups, SUM IFS etc).
- Able to understand data in different formats, analyse and present financial information coherently.
- Previous experience of working in a complex business environment.
- Business partnering experience.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Analytical approach ensuring confident decisions are made in line with finance legislation.
- Previous experience of working with SAP.
- Previous experience of working with Reporting/Forecasting tools - e.g. Axiom, Hyperion, TM1
- Knowledge of or experience of working with IFRS15 accounting standards.