The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for a Revenue Accountant for an International Media Organisation based in Central London.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Comparison of monthly revenue vs. reforecast and budget. Investigation of variances and providing commentary for any large movements.
- Maintain and enhance a rigorous process for recording income and ensure the Peoplesoft nominal and analysis coding are accurate at all times
- Using Medea / Pursub to prepare invoices, credit notes and statements on a timely basis.
- Monthly reclass Journals of other revenue Invoices
- Checking billing and accruals against the contracts masterdoc / commercial team
- Assembling monthly billing journal and posting - checking that all market codes / nominal codes are correct
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge of contract/client agreements/rates etc.
- Monthly review of all accrued and deferred revenue with the FD to discuss any issues / old accruals, ensuring than escalated in the appropriate time frames.
- Review and posting of the bad debts accruals in line with the internal policies identifying any risk with the FD
- Calculating monthly WHT and posting provision
- Delivery of month reports - DSO, Subscriptions, Revenue by Operator
- Assist with ad hoc requests such as account analysis
- Reconciliation of external debtors system to accounting system
- Ensuring that debtors are contacted regularly regarding outstanding balances
- Working with the commercial team with any queries that need to be escalated in line with internal procedures
- Active involvement in monthly reporting including full commentary and variance analysis as required by stakeholder
- Responsibility of the Fixed asset ledger, included review of live assets & postings of deprecation
- Production on the month cash flow & P&L analysis with narrative in relation revenue movements
- Confirming of intercompany balances and investigating of any mismatches / chasing any outstanding payment
- Month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Reporting requirement in HFM:
- Revenue by Geography
- Past revenue obligations
- Deferred revenue
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reports
- Support wider needs of Group reporting and regulatory reporting to provide input on balance sheet review
- Prepare year-end accounting records for revenue-related balance sheet and profit and loss accounts and co-ordinate responses to audit queries
- Organising the annual tax certificates for all countries
- Assist with the system migration from Persub to Medea, including parallel run.
- Review / develop new processes when needed
The successful candidate will have:
- Good excel skills and comfortable around spread sheet creation and manipulation (Pivots, Vlookup, Sumif, etc)
- Organised, efficient and adaptable; able to proactively plan workload, manage priorities and respond immediately to changing or ad hoc requirements
- Continually seeks improved and more efficient methods of working
- Pro-active self-starter and team player
- Part qualified CIMA/ACCA
- Good communication skills with a genuine interest in the wider business
- Thorough understanding of the principles and operation of financial controls and reconciliations
- Inquisitive mind - what are we doing and why are we doing it?
- Basis understanding of the principles of VAT & WHT
- Confident, self-starter, with ability to take the initiative