The Consultancy Group are currently partnering with an instantly recognisable British convenience retailer based in Central London who are looking for Senior Financial Accountant with strong inter-personal skills and can show the ability to partner and influence.
Reporting into the Financial Accounting Manager, you will have ownership of the monthly accounting and control processes for a subsidiary and line manage, develop and coach a finance analyst.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory obligations and support the preparation and filing of Statutory Accounts.
- Liaise with relevant teams to prepare and communicate the month end timetable to wider stakeholders.
- Review individual LOB P&Ls and Balance sheets to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Manage relationship with Group Reporting, ensuring delivery of all reporting and timely resolution to all requests for information.
- Develop relationship with internal auditors ensuring timely resolution to all requests for information.
- Manage external audit process, ensuring timely resolution to all requests for information.
- Spot and suggest ongoing process improvements and changes to align to the determined operating model will be required, with attention on Intercompany simplification wherever possible.
- Forming strong relationships across the Finance Team to ensure seamless reporting for internal and external use, stakeholders and other reporting.
- Ensure the team understand and adhere to the relevant accounting policies and provide training as needed.
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA Qualified
- Technical skills are a must with proven experience in preparing financial accounts
- Being commercially astute, you will have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to partner and influence
- A self-starter, and a strong team player that can work independently, spotting the areas to focus on and assisting in the decision-making process
- Ability to successfully manage and develop a Finance Analyst
- Must have a strong eye for detail and a passion for accuracy
- £55,000-60,000 + 20% bonus + generous benefits