The Consultancty Group are currently recruiting a Senior Financial Accountant for a FTSE Technology buisness based in the City of London.
- Working with the finance team and wider business to manage and communicate the deadlines and processes required for the month end reporting
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled in a timely manner, including goods received system accruals. Manage the project and capex accounting in SAP.
- Agree the intercompany transactions and ensure these are reflected in the correct place along with preparing accruals, prepayments and other journals as required.
- Prepare the statutory income statement and statement of financial position each month for the board pack with relevant commentary.
- Support the control environment and suggest improvements to processes and controls where possible.
- Review and update formal process documents (such as the delegation of authority document and ensure the system is updated to match)
- Assist with the interim and year end audit and be the main point of contact on testing enquiries.
- Support preparation of accounting papers for presentation at the Audit Committee
- Prepare notes to the accounts for the Annual Report and Accounts.
- Support with planned SAP HANA upgrade.
- Qualified accountant (ACA preferably with first time passes)
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Experience of both balance sheet and P&L reporting, ideally exposure to a full set of accounts
- Strong communicator with the ability to adapt communication style for finance or non-finance individuals
- Pro-active and comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment Desirable
- Experience of working with a shared service centre (accounts payable)
- Experience of working with large data sets
- Big 4 trained
- Previous use of SAP accounting software