As a Senior Payroll Administrator you will be primarily responsible for the administration and processing of payrolls within the team, to provide a first-class payroll service.
- Responsible for the day to day administration of complex or large sized multiple client payrolls with no supervision; including administer RTI submissions and process end of year forms P60;
- Have an extensive knowledge of various specialist areas such as school, expat, shares, client accounts, etc.
- Have an extensive knowledge of PAYRITE payroll software and be able to run payrolls efficiently using its functionalities such as import/exports, nominal journal, costing and report writing;
- To have an extensive knowledge of pension schemes including a good knowledge of AE administration process and build bespoke pension upload file to pension providers website;
- Assist with various types of client setups and project work, including writing user guides with some supervision;
- Proactively develop and keep up to date with new payroll legislation and compliance, including interpret new legislation effectively and explain to junior team members where applicable;
- Proactively carry out payroll reconciliations and analysis with no supervision and be able to assist the team with associated queries;
- Proactively liaise with HMRC and assist with more technical enquiries when they arise, including assisting the team with associated queries;
- Have an excellent client service and be able to build confidence and turn around payrolls with service issues within the team and assist the team with associated issues;
- Assist with the training of new and existing staff with some supervision;
- Assist with payroll reviews, signoffs and providing feedback where necessary;
- Develops and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels;
- To work with other departments and understand the services that are being provided to clients (and not just payroll);
- Proactively communicate the full range of services offered by the national payroll team to clients and encourage the team to do same.
- Good IT skills, intermediate level of Excel is essential;
- Previous payroll bureau experience essential, ideally within a professional services environment;
- Minimum 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) grades A-C required;
- Demonstrates up to date knowledge of current payroll legislation and is confident in using payroll software, specifically PAYRITE;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with clients and staff;
- Organises own work and prioritises own tasks;
- Good numeracy skills;
- Demonstrates attention to detail and a high concern for accuracy;
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the importance of teamwork and responds willingly to all team members reasonable requests.