The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for a Senior Planning Analyst for a 12months FTC for a global media business.
- Detail oriented and commercially focused planning analyst to join FP&A.
- Responsible for the financial planning assumption and governance for the SIEE Group contributing to the accurate and timely production of the monthly & quarterly forecasts and the annual budget deliverables to Corporate Planning in the US and Japan
- Part of a team of 5 and working with a large range of stakeholders across SIEE and globally consolidating and challenging forecast submissions
- Monthly reporting of forecast as well as ad hoc scenario analysis to ensure both accuracy and coherent story telling
- Continuous development of Planning and analysis process and tools including development of planning tool
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Consolidate, challenge and create accurate, timely and relevant management information for the Executive Management Team
- Drive the annual budget and quarterly forecast cycles for the SIEE Group, including governance, to be flexible and responsive to business requirements, coordinating inputs with teams across the business, and reporting on all key performance targets throughout the year
- Identify risks and opportunities to budget/ forecast as well as commercial analysis of promotion and bundling impacts.
- Analyse & challenge regional and functional submissions from territory sales entities and central teams.
- Continuous process and system change to drive efficiency and accuracy for all forecasts and analysis
- Delivery of Exec Management reporting and analytics including developing reporting tools and process
- Planning tool ownership, including training and delivering project milestones and developing future forecasting improvements
- Qualified Accountant with at least 3 years relevant PQE in an FP&A function and of working with commercial teams
- Strong financial background with ability to evaluate financial impact of business decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (VBA level an advantage).
- SAP BPC / BW experience with experience of planning tools including their development and project management preferred
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, including the ability to present detailed analyses
- Organised self-starter, with drive and ambition who thrives under pressure, and is capable of confidently working alongside the most senior stakeholders across the wider business
- Attention to detail, commitment to accuracy & adherence to deadlines
- Experience of working in a regional group headquarters
- Experience of consumer goods preferable
- Proven track record of similar roles/tasks in Global / Pan regional company in one of the below sectors:-
- Online services & E-commerce
- Entertainment business (Game/Film/Music)