Senior Technical Programme Manager - (Retail)
6 Months initial
The Consultancy Group are recruiting for one of Britain's biggest FMCG and Retail brands. They are transforming the way the business operates, implementing agile working practices, digitising the way it works and implementing new systems and technologies.
They now require a Senior Technical Programme manager to be responsible for the successful planning, coordination, execution and delivery of high complexity strategic IT and Digital programmes that span across the business.
- Working closely with stakeholders across the business and IT functions including Product Managers, business leaders and Development managers (up to and including SM level).
- Strong understanding of Agile software development and how to build software which creates value for customers, the Senior TPM helps to reinforce and evolve such practices and other methodologies
- Participate in technical detail - the Senior TPM knows the technical landscape, understands and can describe technical choices and trade-offs to different stakeholders within and outside of IT.
- Communicate clearly and regularly, being the expert on schedules of delivery and customer impact dates, critical KPIs, technical deliverables, dependencies and opportunities, managing conflicting priorities and robustly challenging at all stages of the programme.
- Combine a strategic focus alongside programme delivery. Aware of the broader IT and business strategy, the Senior TPM delivers their programme mindful of this broader landscape and its impact / benefit for the customer.
- Work alongside other Technical Programme Managers to deliver programmes across the area to ensure successful delivery across all of our programmes.
Key Skills Required:
- 5 + years' experience delivering Retail, Digital strategic and business projects
- Technical skills in one or more of the following areas - innovation / ideation for new product or service development, category management, commercial analysis, new brand or service introduction, process improvement / six sigma
- Extensive project management - building, shaping and developing project scopes, plans, costs / benefits, creating effective cross functional working
- Experience within a retail organisation or extensive consulting experience across a broad spectrum of clients
- Complex, multi-functional stakeholder management