This FTSE Global organisation are recruiting for this newly created role which will play a critical part in the growth of the company. Primarily this role will focus on forward-looking matters, including forecasting, budgeting, finance strategy and project work as well as M&A. This role will have one direct report.
As this role involves constant interaction with senior non-finance stakeholders across the business, you will need the confidence and emotional intelligence to effectively communicate at all levels. The ideal candidate will have experience of the technology sector and will enjoy operating in an extremely fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. In addition, the ideal candidate will have prior experience of cash flow forecasting and budgeting.
- Working capital and cash flow forecasting.
- Take a lead role in running the group's rolling cash flow forecasting cycle (which includes both free cash flow and underlying cash flow) in partnership with the financial planning and analysis (FP&A) leads who operate the income statement forecasting cycle.
- Improve the underlying accuracy and precision of inputs into cash flow forecasting by identifying areas for process improvement and performing reviews on the process; it is essential that the ideal candidate has previous experience of cash flow forecasting.
- Quickly understand the relevant complexities of working capital across our business; particularly the varied nature of customer contracting arrangements.
- Work alongside our financial leaders to determine how strategic and operational decisions,changes in contracting terms etc. impact working capital and cash flow forecasting.
- Monitor CAPEX forecasts to ensure appropriate considerations are given to the cash flow needs of high-profile business projects.
- Business partner with Regional Finance Directors,Financial Controllers,Group Tax,Group Treasury,Financial Operations and Finance Business Partners as well as the Group FP&A team.
- Work alongside Regional Finance Directors,Financial Controllers to understand current processes ,what works well,what does not work well, with regards to the current cash flow forecasting process. Drive forward ideas of change,best practice,standardisation.
- Navigate through complexity by ensuring that all key stakeholders are connected in the cash flow forecasting process to ensure the output, and subsequent analysis, is delivered on a timely basis. To do this, you will understand the complexities of large, multi-national organisations.
- Support,challenge,influence leads within the business to embed a message of continuous improvement relating to cash flow forecasting and monitoring.
- Lead on target setting in consultation with Regional Finance Directors and the Group's Financial Operations function.
- Work alongside the Financial Systems team to continuously enhance the tools we work with which support cash flow forecasting and monitoring.
- Benchmark cash flow,working capital performance versus industry peers using publicly available information and other specialised reports, including annual report and accounts. This includes underlying cash flow, overdue debt, bad debt provisions.
- Promote and drive the working capital,cash generation agenda across the business,ensure the underlying importance of cash flow forecasting is consistently understood.
- Prepare, where relevant, analysis required by senior business stakeholders specific to cash flow matters.
- Take the lead on monthly reporting and analysis activities specific to cash flow and working capital monitoring, including commentary within the Group's management accounts
- Provide monthly commentary and insight on performance versus forecast.
- Prepare presentations for senior leaders.
Candidate requirements -
- Relevant Finance,business qualification - qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent.
- At least five years relevant experience, preferably within a large, multinational company.
- Significant experience with cash flow forecasting,budgeting, monitoring and associated analytics within the technology sector.
- Proven track record in delivering change, collaboratively in a multinational organisation - with expertise in finance process design and improvement.
- Demonstrate good accounting skills and technical knowledge on financial accounting and reporting under IFRS.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills with a desire to business partner to drive change.
- Agile working mindset with an adaptable working style, ability to think creatively, highly driven, and self-motivated.
- Knowledge of the software industry, although previous client-side experience is not essential.
- Prior experience of working in a professional services firm environment.