The Strategic Planning Manager will be responsible for leading the group financial planning process and forecast modelling to support the corporate transactions, acquisitions and debt financing. The role will be responsible for key internal relationships as well as the production of reports to the executive committee to assist with key decision making on corporate ventures.
- Ensure successful delivery of the strategic planning process across the group and provide the Board with appropriate analysis to determine strategic issues facing the company in the medium term.
- To ensure individual center-based strategic plans are relevant and represent current thinking behind the asset.
- To ensure that the consolidated Group strategic plan is produced annually and tested against established sensitivity criteria.
- Modelling of scenarios of the strategic plan in response to opportunities that may arise either through changing economic conditions, acquisitions, disposals, developments or funding.
- To manage the strategic plans in line with annual business planning requirements and ensure consistency between the outputs.
- Produce Group financial projections to support corporate transactions and model potential impact such transactions may have on the Group's results
- Ensure models are rigorously constructed to ensure they can be relied upon by external parties e.g. debt providers or auditors.
- Provide financial support to the Board and the Executive management team, producing detailed analysis and robustly and constructively challenging underlying assumptions.
- Manage and develop the commercial finance manager for the developments in the business. This role supports the Development and the Asset Management teams on all proposed developments and significant asset management initiatives as well as maintaining an accurate and up-to-date capital expenditure tracker ensuring that all projects are recorded, with an accurate assessment of project status.
- To undertake ad-hoc projects as required
- Qualified accountant ACA desirable
- Strong financial analysis and data interpretation skills, both for new project evaluation and assessment of operational performance.
- Wide knowledge and experience of financial planning and analysis, preferably across a number of businesses.
- Strong modelling and project management skills, with the ability to co-operate effectively with the wider finance team and business as a whole.
- Ability and gravitas to communicate effectively within the business and with financial and non-financial individuals, both in writing and verbally.
- Ambitious, highly driven and confident self-starter, able to manage a range of complex issues and project simultaneously.