The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting a Strategy Finance Analyst for a large Private Equity backed business based in Central London. As Strategy Finance Analyst, you will be responsible for providing analytical support for the groups long term strategic initiatives.
- Partnering with key stakeholders in the business provide financial forecasting and analytical support to help develop key strategic initiatives. These projects can cover all areas of the business and recent projects include Real Estate expansion, supply chain strategy and development of the Chinese market.
- Undertake detailed analysis of various aspects of the business, to better understand key drivers of performance and their inter-relationship. Again this work can cover all areas of the business, but analysis recently undertaken includes the inter-dependency of on-line sales, price modelling and segmented analysis to support the longer term product development strategy
- Review performance of investments compared to that forecast at the time of approval. Use analysis to identify key recommendations to improve the investment decision process including methodology of appraisal and key characteristics that help drive performance. Support the regions by developing investment appraisals models to ensure consistency of approach across the group.
- Develop and maintain the Group's 5 Year forecast model including integrated profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow. The forecasts incorporate the business' multi-channel operations across a global network and include flexibility to run sensitivity analysis including FX strategies.
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified or equivalent and experience of working in a corporate finance/strategic analysis role, preferably within a multi-channel, international retail business.
- Strong excel skills with experience of building complex integrated long term forecast models.
- Experience of undertaking detailed and complex analysis using large data sets.
- Experience of using and building Access databases would be advantageous.
- Strong visual presentation skills to enable trends generated from complex data sets to be clearly communicated to both finance and non-finance colleagues.