Systems Accountant - Media and Publishing Client
£500-£600pd - Contract - ASAP start
The Consultancy Group is recruiting for an exciting and urgent requirement on behalf of a prestigious Media and Publishing brand based in London.
The organisation is currently implementing new Finance and Resource management systems and now require a Systems Accountant to be part of the project team.
- Map and redesign the finance flows in the following processes:
- Review and align finance data structures and flows across SalesForce, WorkBook and PeopleSoft.
- Work with the Finance team and WorkBook team to finalise the finance data structures and set-up the finance master data maintenance processes
- Ensure that strong finance controls are built into the future system and processes
- Plan and execute UAT for finance aspects of the system
- Support the key finance team members on the project during design, testing and post-go-live
- Manage the cut-over of finance data
- Support the key finance systems for both finance and non-finance users which drive efficiencies and improve data
- Develop improved reporting from financial systems
- Support the finance team with training and advice on how to make the best use of finance systems
Key Skills required:
- Accounting qualification (qualified or part-qualified)
- 5-10 years of experience as a systems accountant in a large or medium sized organisation
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft will be an advantage
- Experience in magazine publishing, consultancy or a creative or media agency would be an advantage
- High level of technical competency with experience using standard analytical tools such as MS Excel, VBA and SQL
- Experience in process mapping, improvement and redesign
- Experience of assessing and implementing financial controls
- Experience in gathering business requirements and facilitating meetings/workshops
- Knowledge of project lifecycle and methodology
This is an amazing opportunity to join a global brand and play in a key part in how the business operates in the future. I am currently shortlisting for this job, so apply now to avoid missing out on this opportunity. This company is looking to move quickly so please click apply now to forward an updated CV to me.