The Client is a well known FMGC retailer and distributor base in Camden. With the business ever growing out client is seeking two new Accounts Payable Assistants to join their business on a temp basis initially with the view to go permanent.
- Maintain sound relationships with Suppliers and internal stakeholders, ensuring a timely response to any queries raised in respect of invoices or payments.
- Ensure invoices are collated daily and processed in a timely manner and any queries logged on the Query Log.
- Ensure that all tasks can be effectively covered within the team through documentation of operating procedures and organisation of workflows and through practical implementation.
- Coordinate the purchase to pay process in respect of inventory, matching Supplier invoices to Goods Received Notes/Purchase Orders and following up on any variances or queries with the necessary department as required, achieving closure within defined timelines.
- Organise the collation and approval of supplier payment batches, as directed by the AP Manager, ensuring that any invoices selected for payment have been matched and approved in accordance with policy and procedures, including any prioritisation required.
- Organise for regular and ongoing reconciliations of supplier statements to ensure all liabilities are being correctly recorded.
- Organise paper flow within the team, maintaining efficiency and the scanned invoice database.
- Any other ad hoc duties required.
- 2-3 years in an Accounts Payable role within FMCG or retail
- A working knowledge of Accounts Payable routines, including matching processes (GRN's or Purchase Orders) and an understanding of P2P is essential.
- Intermediate excel skills (Look Ups, Sum Ifs, Pivot Tables) are required.
- Experience with Maginus, Dream, JDE or Netsuite desirable but not essential
- Fast learner
- Good at problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills