An exciting opportunity has arisen within an international lifestyle brand for an experienced Head of Financial Operations.
This newly created role is required to build and develop a world class finance transactional team, delivering a seamless operational service for the business. This role will be reporting directly into the Financial Controller and manage a growing team of 20+ incorporating Accounts Payable and Cash & Treasury.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic and personable individual with a proven track record in managing change, developing others and forming strong stakeholder relationships.
- To lead, manage and motivate a high performing Finance Operations team that is engaged with business objectives and committed to continual improvement. As a result, to ensure the provision of excellent customer service to stakeholders.
- Accountable for day to day running of the Finance Operations teams, to ensure that financial transactions are recorded accurately and promptly, with queries and issues resolved, and resulting in high data quality. The Head of Financial Operations will play a key role in minimising financial risk to the business, both through a financial control framework and a commercial mindset.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development and performance management of a rapidly growing team across multiple locations. This will involve creating and maintaining 'how to' and training guides, identifying and upskilling super-users, and the ability to on-board new team members quickly.
- In conjunction with the other members of the Senior Finance Leadership team, this role will play an integral part in developing and delivering the finance operating strategy, along with setting goals and objectives for the team.
- The role will be required to develop and establish effective finance operational procedures, checklists and communication channels for the teams to ensure delivery of seamless transactional basics for the business. These processes and procedures will be continually evolved to allow for business change and growth and to maximise efficiencies.
- Accountable for actively managing service providers to ensure the business is getting great value and benefitting from latest developments.
- Act as the principal point of contact for internal stakeholders with a view to collaborative working to coordinate, improve and ensure compliance with core financial operating processes.
- Experience of high volume, multi-currency transactional accounting, to include accounts payable and complex cash reconciliations (e.g. PayPal, alternative payments)
- Outgoing, personable individual who can manage stakeholders at all levels as well as 3rd party service providers
- Strong management skills: able to demonstrate team training and development and performance management experience
- Track record of transforming teams, delivering process improvements and managing change
- Ideally from a retail (or similar) background
Please only apply if you are able to work from the London head office with 50% of time travelling to other sites.