Provide VAT accounting and compliance support to the SIEE group of companies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- VAT Accounting
Reconcile and manage VAT control and G/L accounts for review by the VAT Manager, process VAT return and clearing journals and resolve differences with VAT liabilities, as well as managing the clearing down of the accounts in SAP in a timely manner.
- Return Compliance
Prepare or assist with all necessary VAT, GST, EC Sales Lists and Intrastat returns for the UK, Netherlands, Germany, France, Ireland, Norway, Australia, South Africa, India, Russia, Iceland, Switzerland, Australia, UAE, KSA, Turkey and Bahrain, as well as the separate MOSS VAT return covering 27 member states of the EU.
- Transport Document Review
Co-ordinate cross-border removal of goods documentation checks
- Ensure Audit and SOX Compliance
Including monthly SOx controls and periodic and annual audit requirements
- Work with and undertake training of AP and AR departments
- Assist the Senior European VAT Manager with due diligence reviews of SIEE subsidiaries in the territories
- General Support to Senior European VAT Manager
- Testing of systems including SAP, MOSS location evidence engine and Concur
- Experience in a VAT accounting role
- VAT compliance experience
- SAP experience
- Strong ledger experience including account clearing
- Accounting experience e.g. ledger reconciliations
- Strong excel skills
- Common sense with a proactive approach
- Willingness to continue to learn and advance in a VAT arena