A FTSE 100 Consumer business is recruiting a VAT Manager to join their in-house tax team in London.
Reporting to the Senior VAT Manager, you will:
- Review relevant VAT returns prepared by VAT Accountants and provide support to Senior VAT Manager to ensure all VAT returns are submitted accurately and on time;
- Assist in the collation and submission of disclosures to HMRC, including technical rationale for disclosures. Work with VAT Accountants to ensure submission to HMRC is timely and accurate and take lead in subsequent correspondence with HMRC;
- Work closely with VAT Accountants to provide support and grow VAT Accountants' technical knowledge;Keep up to date with recent changes in VAT Legislation and guidance and take responsibility for relevant implementation of changes and/or controls in the business;
- Review business activities, identifying particular areas where VAT has an impact or is impacted, to ensure that the business remains VAT compliant;
- Proactively identify new or complex areas and work with key stakeholders and Tax team to identify and follow through on VAT risks and opportunities;
- Provide support on sensitive commercial projects, working closely with key members of the relevant project team to provide appropriate, technical VAT advice;
- Review Partial Exemption calculation and Capital Goods Scheme adjustments in line with agreement with HMRC;
- Liaise with HM Revenue and Customs as required;
- Provide support to Senior VAT Manager on BAU VAT tasks ;
- Undertake adhoc compliance tasks and proactively complete in house VAT compliance reviews.
- Previous experience of VAT compliance and VAT advisory is a must; e.g. Experience in HMRC, professional services firm or in-house.
- Good Excel skills with an aptitude for analysing data and turning it into insight.
- Strong Technical VAT knowledge
- Great communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team.
For further information on this role, please contact Phil Smyth at The Consultancy Group.