A global retail company are looking for a VAT Tax Specialist to join their small tax team, based in central London HQs.
The ideal candidate will be reporting into the Indirect Tax Manager, but will also be required to work closely with other tax team members as well as with other areas of finance and the wider business.
This position will cover the UK & Europe, based in London.
- Preparing and submitting UK and European VAT returns on a timely basis.
- Preparing and submitting UK and European Intrastat, EC Sales lists and period VAT reconciliations.
- Submitting and paying local tax authorities on a timely basis.
- Assisting with audits by overseas tax authorities.
- Support the indirect tax manager on a range of ad-hoc taxes and projects all year round.
- Supporting the team to implement 'Making Tax Digital' and changes to VAT compliance systems/processes.
- Liaise with internal teams and senior stakeholders on business projects around VAT.
This is a really exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and organised individual with a tax background looking for a compliance focused role in a very commercial, innovative, dress down and fast-paced business environment.
- University degree
- Strong indirect/VAT tax compliance experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong MS excel skills and accounting knowledge.
If you are interested and meet the required skill set, please contact Simon Riva on or 0203 865 1542.